Friday, July 9, 2010
Sarah's Garden
I recently finished another book from Thomas Nelson Publishers, Sarah's Garden, by Kelly Long. Set in the Amish country of Pennslyvania, Sarah's passion and natural gift is for the garden she nurtures throughout the year that provides so much for her Amish family. This year though she must step away from what she is most comfortable and run the farmer's stand for her family. It is there she meets the new veterinarian in town, Grant Williams, who has come to run his practice among the Amish community.They are immediately taken with each other but this is a relationship that is forbidden among her family and community. What follows is a struggle between what is right and the feelings that are so real. Can anything come from a love that is so forbidden? This story was an easy yet enjoyable read. For me, I enjoyed learning some of the rules and and reasons behind the practices of the Amish. The story took me into a community that I was unfamiliar with and made it real to me. The characters were well developed and kept me rooting for them throughout the story. The only thing that I was frustrated with in the story was the ending. It ended a little more abruptly than I thought it would. I was hoping the author would develop it better. All in all it was a good story and I enjoyed it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I for one am thrilled with your book reviews.....I am WAAAAYYYYY behind reading the whopping 5 blogs I keep up with and am trying to catch up. I am so happy that you are providing me with a list of must reads since I'll have all kinds of time I don't know what to do with this Fall. I think I'll just working my way down your list!!
Post a Comment