Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dentists and Dudes

We have had a busy couple of days here. Tuesday we celebrated my birthday, Wednesday we all went to the dentist, and today (Thursday) was Western Day at Caleb's school. The dentist was a big day in the Lockhart house because Heath and I hadn't gone in a long time and the kids had never been. It has been something I know we need to do but with no dental insurance it has always been neglected, but we knew we couldn't put it off any longer. I was a little worried about how the kids would handle it, especially Caleb who worries about new things. But he was great. He actually said he enjoyed it when he was done! He took all the x-rays as a trooper and even the flouride at the end that used to always make me gag and I refused it, he laughed through and said it tasted great! Thank God for small miracles!
They had fun getting to wear the sunglasses because of the light! Another blessing was they both came out with no cavities and the doctor even said you couldn't really tell Caleb was a thumbsucker!
Elizabeth was great until they said it was her turn and she turned on the tears. The hygienist said she could skip the x-rays and she did lay back and get her teeth cleaned. But she refused the flouride at the end. They said it was fine and they could do it when she comes back next time.
She too came out with no cavities and they were both thrilled to get toothbrushes and toothpaste at the end. A funny story: In the waiting room we were giving Elizabeth a pep talk and told her if she was a big girl she could get something special at the end. She said, "A sucker?" We laughed and then Caleb piped in and said, "Dentists can't give suckers as treats or they wouldn't be doing their job!" It is cute seeing him start to understand logic.
Today was western day at school. Caleb was so handsome all dressed as a cowboy and ready to go to school. I got to go up and watch him dance during PE time. It was cute and I have some pictures as well as a couple cute videos. The best part was when the parents got to two-step with the kids at the end. He is quite good and even spun me around!
He was very embarassed and hardly looked at the camera and when he did make eye contact with me I think he turned two shades of red. Enjoy the videos and hope all is well! Heath is going to a youth conference this weekend to hear his favorite pastor, Francis Chan, and the kids are going back to hang out at Gammas. For my birthday, Heath gave me the weekend to scrapbook! Yay! I can't wait!


No comments: