As I am posting this I keep reminding myself that today is Valentine's Day but we celebrated it with the kids yesterday so I don't feel like it is today. Yesterday was a busy day starting out with taking Elizabeth to the flower shop to get something for Caleb's teacher. She went crazy over all the flowers and teddy bears and wanted some for herself. I had told Heath about a week ago that I thought it would be sweet if he gave her some flowers for Valentine's Day. When we were at the flower shop she found some carnations and desperately wanted some because they were so pretty. I already knew Heath was going to give her some so I had to convince her that other people give you flowers. She was so worried that the "other people" wouldn't know what she wanted and I assured her I would let the "other person" know. I made sure I told Heath to go by there on his way home to get her some flowers and her little face lit up when he got home.
The kids were going to Heath's moms for the night so I packed up what they needed and then we all exchanged Valentine's.
We took the kids to Heath's mom's house for the night and Heath and I got to spend an enjoyable evening by ourselves. We went to eat, rented two movies, and then slept in this morning. We were talking at dinner about how some couples when their kids leave home as adults, don't know what to do because they don't know or like each other anymore. I told Heath that I have trouble imagining that. Granted our children are far from leaving the home, but I love spending time with just Heath and I look forward to the years when it is back to the two of us again (side note - that is just a comment. I am not trying to rush my kids to grow up!) He is truly my best friend and we have a great time being together laughing and talking. We each have our own hobbies yet we also have a lot of things that we enjoy doing together. We are blessed that God is in the middle of our relationship and that He has strengthened us through the years. We have had ups and downs and some very low downs, but they have made us realize how much we love each other and look forward to our life together!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day and is surrounded by lots of love. In the middle of it I hope you have remembered how much God loves you and that He is the love that sustains us everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment