Two years ago I read the one-year chronological bible. I had wanted to read the bible all the way through for years and my brother introduced me to the chronological bible. It has the bible put together in the order that everything occurred divided up into 365 daily readings. When I finished reading it, everything made so much more sense having read it in order instead of broken up into books and spread over the whole bible. I decided that I would read it through every other year so I have picked it up again and I am currently in Deuteronomy.
A couple of years ago a friend introduced me to the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. It follows a woman named Claire who mysteriously goes back in time from the 1940's to the 1740's in Scotland. The book has something for everyone: mystery, romance, history. The books are long, 700 pages and up, and very meaty because there is so much history in it, but I was hooked immediately. The first book was "Outlander" and the second was "Dragonfly in Amber". I spent a lot of time reading those two that after I finished them I took a break. I just recently finished the third book "Voyager" and I am looking forward to reading the next one "Drums of Autumn".
For a long time I have been a big John Grisham fan. Every year he comes out with a new book right around my birthday and it has become a tradition for Heath to give me the hardback. I just finished the newest and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is very true to his style that keeps you in suspense enough to keep going back to it.
So I have finished my 40 day study and my fun reading on the side, so what next? A friend recently gave me a Beth Moore bible study "New Every Morning" which I had put aside until I finished "A Call to Die". I think it is time to dig into that one and see what God has for me. As for some fun fiction reading, I will probably read some Debbie Macomber. She is another fiction author I have come to like. They are quick, easy reads that I can enjoy before picking up another long Diana Gabaldon book.Anyone have any good books to recommend?
1 comment:
AHHHH!! You asked me weeks ago for a book....which one was it? I probably have it - I think I'm only missing one book in the Outlander series.
You will LOVE New Every Morning. One of the best daily devotionals I've ever done.
Miss you guys! Lisa keeps me posted on your happenings, but we would love to get together for some face time! I know we talk and talk about it, maybe we can actually make it happen!
Post a Comment