Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bluebonnet pictures, finally!

Ok, yes I know I promised bluebonnet pictures a week ago and I fell short again. Oh well, I am posting them now!
We went to the bluebonnets after church on Sunday, April 11. We invited our friends Kody and Corby from church to come with us so they could get some good pictures in the bluebonnets as well as help us get some. For those of you that don't live in Texas, taking pictures in the bluebonnets is a tradition but it is also all about the hunt. There are some places that the bluebonnets reappear every year but sometimes they don't because they get trampled. In our case we returned to the field we used last year that we loved because of the barn in the background, but they were doing contruction nearby and put huge concrete cylinders in the field and the bluebonnets didn't come up. This year we heard that the bluebonnets would be better than they've been in years because of the wacky weather we have been having. They were really good and as we drove out to Chappell Hill we found more fields than we usually find but we ended up going to a field we went to a few years ago. We had great success with photos and had a good time. The bugs got pretty bad because the air was still so we were swatting a lot!


I love that I was able to catch her as she blew this!


We've gotten lots of compliments on this one with the kids in the background. I think Kody took this with their camera while Corby was using ours.



Kody and Corby


There was another picture that was better of the two of us but it came out dark. I am going to try and fix it so I can post it later.
LOVE this one!
Butterfly kisses!
I love the lone little yellow flower in the middle of the bluebonnets.
Indian Paintbrush

You may be on picture overload now but that was only a few of our favorites! Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah-
I love your pix!! I really like the one of you and Heath with the kids in the backround!!! I also like the one of the bluebonets with the yellow flower in the middle!! Love ~Rebekah Reynolds~