I planned the party for the 21st which was the last Sunday of spring break. In years past we have run into the problem of people being out of town for spring break but this year with the meet the day before, I knew most of the boys invited would be in town. Unfortunately after a week of gorgeous weather, it rained Saturday and a cold front blew through. On Sunday, winds got up in the 30 mph range and it was in the 50s. I think the wind chill brought it into the 40s though. Despite the weather we were going through with it. The sun was still shining and wind and a little mud was not going to deter a group of boys.
In the days leading up to the party we bought all the party supplies and worked on the cakes. At Elizabeth's party we finished all of the cake so I decided to make two to make sure we had enough cake.
I made a football cake and a football field cake. I was quite proud of how they came out and they even tasted good too!
The day of the party we decided to move the cake and presents part into our garage instead of at the park where the game was. With the wind as strong as it was I figured it would be more bearable in the garage. So needless to say, the hours before the party we were busy cleaning the garage and the house.
Once the boys started arriving at the party, Heath and some boys from the youth group helping out, started an obstacle course for the boys. One boy from each team had to run through some cones, do five circles with their head on a bat, run and put on a uniform and throw a football before running all the way back. It was quite funny to watch!
This was Heath giving instructions before the obstacle course. I think this was one of the coldest birthdays Caleb has ever had. In past birthdays it has been quite warm by this time.
This is Matthew, one of Caleb's teammates, doing his circles on the bat.
After throwing the football, they had to go get it, run back, take off their uniform, and run all the way back to the start.
While we got the field marked for the game, we made all the boys do push ups!
These were the Cypress Longhorns huddling up for the first play for the game. Each one of the high school boys played quarterback for each team.
Caleb's Crimson Tide ready to play!
A few action shots!
A great picture of the two teams after the game. Caleb's Crimson Tide was in the front and the Cypress Longhorns were in the back.
Cake time! The boys were starving after playing so the cake was demolished pretty quickly!
This picture was funny! We had all the boys from Caleb's gymnastics team line up and show off their abs!
Heath and I proudly wearing our shirts in honor of our 8 year old! How has the time passed so quickly?
Last but not least the boys signed an extra shirt so that Caleb can hang it in his room with the shirts from past birthdays.
All in all it was a great day! The boys had a super time and despite the cold and wind, it was still a beautiful day!
2 comments:
What a great party idea and I loved your cakes! How fun.
Man, I can hardly get past that picture of those 6 packs on all the 8 year olds! Jealous!!
I LOVE the party idea. How fun! The shirts were adorable. Really great idea!
Post a Comment