My friend from high school, Molly, who I have reconnected with on Facebook and follow her blog, has posted a recipe on her blog that we can link our blog back to. What ends up happening is that people who read her blog can link to mine and vice versa. If you are interested in a homemade and healthy pizza, click here. I am looking forward to making it because I have never made my own crust.
Molly went the extra mile and took pictures of her recipes as she made the pizza. Unfortunately I have not had the time to do that but I did include the picture of the final results of one of the recipes that I have included. Both the recipes that I am going to share are favorites in the Lockhart house. They are easy to make and relatively kid-friendly. Not quite as far as homemade pizza dough but easy and tasty.
Sloppy Joe Squares
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of sloppy joe sauce or packet mix
2 cans of 8 crescent rolls
1 cup of grated cheese
I only have to brown one pound of ground beef but if you have a large family or are having company, you may want to double the recipe. Also, the sloppy joe sauce is a personal preference. I usually use Manwich. After the meat is browned and the sauce has been added, open one can of the crescent rolls and spread it across a cookie sheet. Press together the seems. Spread the sloppy joe mix over the crescent rolls and then sprinkle the cheese over the mixture. Take the other crescent rolls and place that on top of the mixture and press the edges together. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly brown. I usually serve it with vegetables or salad.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Molly went the extra mile and took pictures of her recipes as she made the pizza. Unfortunately I have not had the time to do that but I did include the picture of the final results of one of the recipes that I have included. Both the recipes that I am going to share are favorites in the Lockhart house. They are easy to make and relatively kid-friendly. Not quite as far as homemade pizza dough but easy and tasty.
Sloppy Joe Squares
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of sloppy joe sauce or packet mix
2 cans of 8 crescent rolls
1 cup of grated cheese
I only have to brown one pound of ground beef but if you have a large family or are having company, you may want to double the recipe. Also, the sloppy joe sauce is a personal preference. I usually use Manwich. After the meat is browned and the sauce has been added, open one can of the crescent rolls and spread it across a cookie sheet. Press together the seems. Spread the sloppy joe mix over the crescent rolls and then sprinkle the cheese over the mixture. Take the other crescent rolls and place that on top of the mixture and press the edges together. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly brown. I usually serve it with vegetables or salad.
Mexican Chicken Casserole2 cups of cooked, diced chicken
1 can green beans
1 can corn
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 cup of shredded cheese
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
doritos
Sometimes to make this recipe quickly, I use the precooked bags of fajita chicken. Mix all the ingredients together except for the doritos. Crush the Doritos and spread them across the top of the casserole. Cook at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. I serve this with fresh doritos as well because my husband likes to add more for the crunch. This recipe is great to make when you have to bring a meal to someone because it has everything in one dish and it is easy to double if you need a larger amount.
So there are two recipes seen at the Lockhart dinner table. I actually haven't made them recently so I wouldn't be surprised if my family would be happy to see them soon.
1 comment:
Those look great Sarah....Thanks for linking up! )
Post a Comment