Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maximum Horsepower Meet

The last few weeks have been busy with birthdays and spring break so I have not been updating recent events. We had another meet the 20th of March right here in Houston. It wasn't a big meet, just one more chance to get out in front of judges before states which is at the end of April. They didn't give individual awards, just team and they moved through the meet so fast that Heath missed half the events to video Caleb. He was first in the rotation and as soon as the team in front of us finished on the apparatus, they moved Caleb over even though our team hadn't finished. We were done in a little over an hour which is completely out of the norm! The lighting was awful so I didn't get a lot of good pictures but I will include some of the good ones. Overall the team won first place and Caleb did a great job.
I love this shot of the boys during the national anthem. I know I should have been paying attention to the anthem but I couldn't resist taking this picture.
This picture is hard to see but it is actually a great handstand. He is totally aligned with the pole behind him!
This is slightly blurry as I am still learning how to use my camera and get the best quality during action and no use of flash. But nevertheless I thought it was a good shot of him on pommel horse.
This is even blurrier but we talk about the mushroom a lot and I wanted you to see what it is. This is where he does his circles. In a meet he has to do 5 1/2 but until we went to Austin he wasn't hitting it. In the last couple of weeks he has gotten up to 15 in practice!
Here he is up on high bar showing off his strength!

No comments: