For those of you that read this and live in Houston you know what we have been enduring for the last 24 hours. For those of you that don't, in the last 24 hours we have received over 12 inches of rain, 7 just since midnight! (It is Tuesday morning.) So needless to say Houston is under water. School was cancelled because many people can't get out of their neighborhoods so we are relaxing in our pajamas at home today.
Yesterday the storms started about 4:00 and were very strong for about 3 hours. We had a break and the next round started after midnight. Elizabeth is petrified of storms if she is sleeping. The first sound of thunder or heavy rain she is out of bed crying and shaking (No surprise to me. She inherited my genes. I used to make my parents or siblings check and see if the moon and stars were out every night!) Caleb on the other hand hears none of it! So as Heath and I were drifting off to sleep we were awakened to rumbles and I jumped out of bed to make a pallet on the floor for Elizabeth. He went and got her out of bed and put her on the floor before she could get frightened when it got closer. For the next 2-3 hours we endured extremely heavy rain and frequent lightening and thunder.
Heath and I barely slept, but at one point I looked down at Elizabeth and she had hardly moved. It was amazing to me that when she knew she wasn't alone, she could rest peacefully. What a statement that makes to our christian walk. When we know we are not alone and that God has us in the palm of His hand, we can rest peacefully. We know the storms in our life are there but we can still rest peacefully. Heath and I are in the middle of a big storm with the lack of business coming in. Things only seem to be getting worse but still we feel at peace. We know that God knows our circumstances and have faith that He will see us through it. Please join us in prayer for God to reveal the path we are to take in terms of our business and financial decisions.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
No comments:
Post a Comment