I haven't been on here in a while to update so I wanted to catch everyone up on the happenings here. Heath and I are on a get healthy and fit kick so we are at the gym 3-5 days a week. With that in the morning I use my afternoons to get things done and then Caleb comes home and its dinner time and then bedtime and then in the evenings Heath and I like to hang out. So I haven't been able to get on here and post.
But we are enjoying holding each other accountable to eating healthier and exercising more. We have cut out all drinks but water (or water with lemon and Splenda) we are not eating dessert, watching our snacking and eating smaller, healthier portions. We both tried a spinning class last Friday (fun but our bottoms are still bruised) and I tried a kickboxing class as well which was a good whole body workout. We have hard moments and food we want to splurge on but we are pushing through for a few weeks before we allow ourselves cheat days. Heath has already lost 7 pounds and I can see a big difference in certain areas of my body as well as I have noticed how much stronger I am.
Last week Elizabeth had her spring fling at school and I was able to volunteer. There was lots to do from face painting to bounce houses to painting to golf. Elizabeth was so excited that I was there which made my day. Because it is mother's day out they don't usually have the parents participate, so it was fun to be there with her.
This was my station. I could only let 6 kids in at a time to play basketball and soccer, of course with only 2 balls the boys ended up fighting over them. Eventually I had a teacher bring more balls and things were better.
Another activity table was shaving cream. They could put it on the table and do whatever thy wanted with it.
This past Saturday we had a picnic with our family group from Sunday school. It was a beautiful day in the 80s after a rainy night and we enjoyed some great food and fellowship. Heath and I did a good job of avoiding the chips and dessert table. We allowed each other to splurge on a cookie though!
We decided to bring Kaley with us and she had a good time. She enjoys being outside and meeting people.
One of the families brought a game called washers where you had to try and get the washers in the hole. The kids enjoyed that a lot. They also played on the adjoining playground and rode their scooters and bikes.
Oh and I almost forgot this funny video. This was Saturday after the park. We gave Elizabeth a bath in our bathroom and Caleb was playing outside. He went around to the window and they were laughing at each other through the window. She was cracking us up the way she was laughing at him. Just ignore the fact that she has nothing on!
No comments:
Post a Comment